Friday, September 11, 2009

A life of Crime

Hi All,

I never thought even in my wildest imagination that I would live a life of crime and worse - revel in it.

Here goes - I admit it. I am a crime lord!!!

Before you decide to dial to 100 - there's something you need to know. I lead a life of crime in Mafia wars. The facebook app rage that has millions succumbing to their baser need to destruct others. Its online, highly addictive and occupies most of the time I have for myself.

Thinking back I realize that I have been addicted to so many things and then typical of all fads, they faded out with time - only exception being books.


I am addicted to books when I am not addicted to anything else - sort of like the craving one has for home food when he/she had enough Continental, Mexican, Chinese to last a lifetime. Books - I can read anytime and once I start I usually don't stop till I finish all books of the author at a stretch or at the least all the books I can lay hands on. Have this on/off relationship with books and music. They are there when I am not interested in anything else. They are there even if I am interested in everything else. They are there when I am interested in only those. In short they are there, pretty much - always.

Thinking back, my first passion was science. With the help of my brother used to build turbines (unsuccessfully), try out all science experiments (must have broken a bottle or two), and have neighbouring kids from school help out with the apparatus set-up (used to ask the teacher to order the students to help - LOL!!!).
My next passion was dramatics and oration - used to attend every competition at school without fail (was an excellent way to bunk school. In X1th Standard the number of days outside school was greater than the number of days in class)
Then came craziness for songs, especially English numbers - guess I was trying to show off at that time when the number of satellite connection were few and MTV was yet to become an essential entity of youth.

F1 racing - my brothers' were addicted to it, and hence by virtue of viewing non-stop F1, week after week, became addicted.
Football (98 world Cup) - same as above
Bracelets - bought a bracelet for every dress I owned and I happened to be owning a lot many dresses at that point in time.
Bangles - same as above
Clothes - always and continuing
Harry Potter - from 2003 to 2007 (From the time I read the first book, till the time the last book was released)
Ayn Rand - from the last year of college
Math puzzles - same as above
Office work - during the golden period at Verizon
Blogging - during 2005/ 2006
Naruto - from 2007
Animations - from 2006, credit goes to the first anime I watched - Samurai - X
Dancing - from 2008, CGT (credit goes to) ISB parties
Pani poori noodles - from 2008, CGT ISB lifestyle
Facebooking - from 2009, CGT ISB
"How I met your mother" sitcom addiction - same as above
Movie watching - CGT boring evenings in Ludhiana
Mafia wars - same as above
Adventure tourism - last few weeks, CGT few crazy people I know from current workplace
Laptop addiction - ever since my brother gifted it to me. (If there's one thing I truly can't live without, it is, without any doubt my laptop. )

I wonder how long will it be before I return to books from Mafia wars. Don't know and don't care as long as I have something to occupy my boredom. So while I am out there satisfying my baser needs by looting, robbing, killing, mugging, thieving through Mafia wars application, watch out for regular updates about universe, life and everything else that captures my mind at that instant in my blog.

Later. Till the next time.

CIAO.

1 comment:

Kings Chaos said...

MW sure is addictive, just started my rehabilitation... lol... quit recently... guess it was high time.. my stats nd levels were growing rapidly.. so was my mw family.. i was a rising member of the clan but it came to a point that,of all the time, i spent doing something useful also started getting affected.

A life of wantings,wishes and sure a Crime if morally and ethically thought so,but being humans we cant be that ideal,but we can strive to ..

well written..